POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : YetAnotherFeatureRequest : YetAnotherFeatureRequest Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  YetAnotherFeatureRequest
From: CherryMoon
Date: 22 Aug 2002 12:05:03
Message: <web.3d650aeb25298f3fddfe293c0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
Waited till the 3.5 release to go inside pov again... since DKB...(or so?)
a long time has passed as i can see :))
mmm...enough joking

Not imposing just suggesting ... :)
well for lazy but practical people, the optional ability when
editing/opening a file to create sub-sections containing the different
parts of the scene/file:
the same way it is done for the different opened files :
ex:
[messages][Scene1.pov] [Scene2.pov] [exemple.pov]...
----------|          |-------------------------------------------------
[Includes][Constants][Macro][Camera]|[Lights]|[Object1]...etc         |

|Include stuff of Scene1.pov

Beginning of sections could be identified by some keywords
or intelligent parsing of the file could do it (need some AI here..)
and this could make building a scene much more practical and clear (I
think?)

+ Allowing a sub-menu for each sections
- could make optional the rendering of some objects
- or just render this part of the file (crop) (Including some
Mandatory/Choosable sections..)
on a single clic...

I just wanted to know if it was just another bad idea xor if some of you
could find it useful ?

- answers allowed -

(BTW Is It the right place to post this kind of messages ? yeah I think It
Is but...)